Pages

January 9, 2010

my song.

This is the start
This is your heart
This is the day you were born
This is the sun
These are your lungs
This is the day you were born
And I am always yours.


Each january9th there's been a song for the day... and sometimes the year. It's easy when its a birthday that has a song that easily corresponds (i.e. "24" by switchfoot or "fifteen" by taylor swift).... and other times its easy just because I'm totally feeling it.
I wasn't sure about this year. 26 seemed unnnnn-exciting particularly because I was merely anticipating the challenges of 2010 and not many of the joys. But When I think about this birthday, whether it is or isn't what I imagined it to be, one thing is for sure. I can be thankful that God has given me 26 years of life...most of them knowing him. And the last 10 years have been walking with him and trusting in Christ's sacrifice for my sins. For 26 years God has been showing himself to me through scripture, faithfully caring for my every need and teaching me more and more about the importance of worshipping and loving him with my heart, soul and mind, hearing my prayers, and loving me even when I DIDN'T care for him and his kingdom at all. For 10 years, my life has been turned over to Christ, but my life has been in God's hands from before I was born. And really, what greater thing to celebrate.



And it is always yours
But I am always yours.

No comments: