Pages

January 28, 2010

just dreaming & ideas....



I am lucky....
I get to collaborate on a shoot with t.h.e. hannahmichelle of coffee&parchment. Ever since we randomly connected (thanks flickr + mutual friends) i've been intrigued by the simplicity of her style and the depth of her compositions.

I'm excited and a bit nervous - she's going to be photographing me - and I've never been one who is comfortable in these settings...but I thought it would be good to remember what it feels like to be one the side of the lens without the controls.
As we've been talking about the photographers who inspire us and dream shoots I needed a place to keep my ideas. It's always fun to go into a shoot with ideas in mind for a style and feel but it has been challenging to try and come up with something that hasn't been circulating the blog world (along the lines of big balloons, vintage cameras, anthropologie clothes) ...Definitely nothing wrong with any of those (because I love the idea of all those things!) but what an opportunity to challenge myself creatively.

So I don't know what we'll actually flush out (gotta figure all that out today) but here are some images i've been mulling over in my head. Some are nothing but a dream (clearly I am not a 5'8" model with flowing blonde hair) but they all are my favorites. None of these photos were taken by me...but unfortunately because I saved them all to my harddrive I don't have the credits.

Enjoy!



































2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ooo how exciting! I wanna see the end results! I'm sure when you put two creative and talented photographers together, you'll get amazing results =) Plus, it'll be cool to finally see YOU in the photos =D

hmp said...

oh man i had SO much fun yesterday!! thanks again sooo much for the opportunity! i think i had more fun just being able to talk and get to know each other :D and THANK YOU for the amaaaazing gift - you really didnt have to!!!! but...oh my, i do adore it :D here's to new friendships and sisterhood!!!!!!