Pages

November 7, 2011

Photo a Day in November: Week 1

Taking a photo a day is an item on my 12x12 list (and I think one of the few items i've actually gotten started on...)

Here's a set from November 1 - November 6. 

{new glasses . november1}


{makeuptrial&error . november2}


{missing my SD buddies . november 3}

{breakfast . november 4}



{cold&rainy yet warm&cheery . november 5}

{fall classic champions . november 6}


{reflections: }
The exercise of remembering to take a photo each day initially was because I wanted to challenge myself creatively - I have certain angles that are just automatic for me now and sometimes, that's when they stop being exciting. However, a second challenge cropped up and its actually far more significant than than just keeping a creative edge. As I start to wind down my day (and lose that precious natural sunlight that I often depend on for photographs) I start thinking "What is significant enough for me to take a picture of and post about? The naturally following thought is "What did God bless me with today? What do I have to be thankful for?" Even though I may not always feel like it, there is always an answer to that question - there is always something to be thankful for in each day and it is always something that I don't deserve. 

I was reading Psalm 104 on Saturday and it talks a lot about how God provides for his creation, whether its through providing shelter or food….all good things come from his hands. And likewise, enjoying things without acknowledging God as the source of goodness and grace is actually meaningless.

So I'm thankful that i was able to see that in real life over the weekend. A lot of times things happen and if i don't like it my first reaction is to question the goodness of God - but that's very opposite of who he is. He is a good God, and everything he does is good, whether or not i like it. I was thankful to Him for giving me the mindset of seeing his goodness in everything and building more trust in his truthfulness and as a LOVING heavenly father.When talking to a friend, I was reminded that everything is from Him, through Him, and to Him. For his glory forever {romans 11:36}


I will sing to the LORD as long as I live;
   I will sing praise to my God while I have being.
May my meditation be pleasing to him,
   for I rejoice in the LORD.
{Psalm 104:33-34}


No comments: