Pages

May 6, 2010

A Proverbs 31 Tribute {part II}

Thanks for joining me for the second part of our series on appreciating mothers. :)
Today I wanted to share about some moms that I get to see on a weekly basis and interact with frequently as we are all a part of the staff our the college group at our church, Lighthouse. These two ladies were friends way before I met either of them, having been at LBC during their OWN college days at UCSD...since then, they have both married some very godly men and now they raising their families and continuing to serve our church as some of the most faithful  members.


Now, I really must tell you about Angella (or Lala as some of us call her). I think from the beginning of my time in San Diego, she was one person that I heard a lot about because she was a part of the lives of the girls who were my age...but didn't actually meet until much later. She met her husband Hansol while they were themselves in college (he at SDSU and she at UCSD)...now they have two adorable sons - Jonas & Elijah you may know well by now...and they have #3 on the way!

One of my favorite things to do is coming over to play with Lala, Jo & Elijah... and I've learned a lot about communicating with kids through watching Lala interact with the boys. Most kids love their mommy, but its no wonder that these guys love their mama... she plays with them and talks to them in a calm tone even when they may need discipline or are getting upset. I've never heard her raise her voice or yell at them and finds the things that they do to be humourous. Lala will recount stories to me with a smile and a laugh. Nothing seems to rock their world (even their big move to a new house this past year) but they take it with a grain of sand...because they truly acknowledge God to be the rock of their lives, and the provider of everything that they need.

{Strength and dignity are her clothing, and she laughs at the time to come. She opens her mouth with wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue. - Proverbs 31:25-26}



Christine and her husband Patrick...How do I start to tell you abou them?  One thing about them that is so evident - they treasure each other, and they love being together... in the everyday things and in ministry as well. Teammates, I would say.

The whole time I've been at LBC, Patrick has been our college pastor and starting this summer will be the senior pastor of Lighthouse. Even telling you about that process and what that means for their family could take days but I can tell you that Christine is a woman that stands by her man. Through preparing to step into those big shoes, I've seen how much Patrick has been  encouraged by her love and support...and she Christine has been a picture of strength and dignity to me...yet still very much herself. They have an AWESOME sense of humor and you may not be able to tell but Christine LOVES football and is crazy good at playing  while Patrick is always on the sideline coaching and cheering. I've seen their daughter Eden grow the last (almost) 2 years and while her mama has taught her some pretty cool things (like how to "raise the roof", the hand motions to "all the single ladies" just to name a few) I know she's been diligent to teach and discipline her daughter from a very early age about right and wrong.  The ladies of collegelife have certainly been impacted by Christine as well....going to her for counsel and I myself am SUPER thankful because I know that she is giving them not only perspective but direction in God's truth for their lives. As they are in a season of change and transition in terms of how they serve and minister at church, I've seen so much trust and faith in their lives, desiring to glorify God and to do it side by side. When I grow up ;) I want to be able to serve along side my husband and aid him just as Christine has been able to do for Patrick.

{The heart of her husband trusts in her, and he will have no lack of gain.. She does him good, and not harm, all the days of her life. - Proverbs 31:11-12
}

No comments: