Pages

April 7, 2010

Crafty Inspiration: Happy flowers

Spring is here...and I cannot describe how happy fresh flowers make the part of me that is a little too girly. There is one thing that bums me out about them though - that they eventually die.

Of course there is a happy compromise to that situation. Making paper flowers! It's a trend that regularly circles around the wedding-blog world and I have more than enough tutorials saved on my computer than I have opportunities to use them. Considering its "bridal shower season" I thought I would take a break from blogging my work to compile my favorite tutorials for your non-traditional blossoms! Enjoy!





Intimate Weddings blog shows you how to make flowers from cupcake liners




Normally I'm not a fan of carnations but this Folding trees tissue paper carnations tutorial kind of changed my mind about them.


Button blossoms done as adorably as martha stewart could.



One of my favorite techniques is burning the edges of fabric so that they curl. Reminds me of my favorite ranuculus. Of course a tutorial for it would be on 100 Layer Cake.




DIY-able tissue paper centerpiece from Once Wed.


i could think of a dozen uses for this simple spiral rose. dozi design posted a very easy to follow tutorial. How would you use them?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

court! i haven't seen that cupcake liner one -- it's so cute!