Pages

November 20, 2009

All I know, I learned from...BOOKS!

Already jumping in on my holiday shopping - I am the kind of person who wants to find the PERFECT gift for someone... especially in a day of age when its really easy to just have a lot of junk, especially "keepsakes" that you can't throw away because they were gift, I want to bless people with things that are useful, practical and affordable.

While perusing one of my favorite blogs, http://blackeiffel.blogspot.com/, I found a 35% coupon for http://www.chroniclebooks.com. They so many cool books, that I couldn't help but start to form a little wishlist of my own.: :)


It's knitting season again! With all the handmade gifts that I love to make, book on speed knitting would sure be handy. And i'd finally be able to get rid of that yarn i've been hording!


I LOVE LOVE LOVE cake and I love NPR's radio show. {Secret: I really enjoy listening to PBS in the car when I'm driving, especialy NPR & The BBC world news report}. Just even reading the list of some of the recipes in here (Brown Sugar Pound Cake, Peppermint and Chocolate Rum Marble Cake, Lord and Lady Baltimore Cakes, Dark-Chocolate Red Velvet Cake, and Honey Buttercream and Apricot Jam Cake) has me goin' a littttle crazy. Maybe I'm better off without this one though - I would probably drool all over the pages. :P


French General Handmade Soirees -
http://www.chroniclebooks.com/index/main,book-info/store,books/products_id,8139/

With all thethe DIY projects on the internet that I have saved to my desktop, I can only imagine how much fun it would be to have this book in my library, especially with the MANY MANY bridal showers/weddings that are coming up.

No comments: