Pages

December 18, 2008

My Grandma's House // Sacramento, CA

Sacramento is a medly of memories for me. We used to live there for a month each summer from the time I was 5 till I was 14 (and too much to handle!) Pau-Pau (my grandma) and Uncle Gordon would feed us - that was the extent of my exposure to authentic Chinese food. I would tell her "Pau-Pau...you should open your own restaurant!" and she would just laugh. I think it made her happy when we would say little things like that.

My auntie and her husband would watch us and work us (summer camps galore!) Since my mom had moved to L.A. in her college days, summer was the main time that we got to spend with her family. And they basically took care of us in every way while Mom worked. The HOT summer days felt like they lasted forever. But then I reached that point when summers in Sac were no more.

I headed back there on my way to Napa and this time I had camera in hand. There are so many iconic things in my grandmas's house and I made it my mission to capture them. I myself am quite Americanized but those are the pieces of my heritage that I want to hold on to.

Heritage Appreciation
Heritage Appreciation Grandma's House
Grandma's House

Washtime Heritage Appreciation
The bathroom is the same as I ever remember it being.


Joy Luck Club
The many video tapes of Pau-Pau's chinese soap opera library.
Carefully labeled and categorized. :)


Sacramento
SacramentoSacramento

Sacramento

Driving down Riverside.

No comments: