Pages

July 28, 2011

You Can't Hurry Love {Becky & Ted's engagement}

This is one story that I'm not quite sure how to start....about my best friends, Becky and Ted. 

All week I've been trying to figure out just what to say in my speech at their wedding on Saturday. Do I talk about how far God has brought our friendship, from being frenemies to confidants that know the deeper and darker struggles of our hearts? Do I talk about how God worked miracles by keeping them together through all they went through during dating, almost engagement, to finally having the proposal and now their wedding? Perhaps I should mention all the crazy times that she and I have been through? I thought about talking about the day when Becky told me that Ted had asked her to pursue a relationship and how I barely got in the car before tearing up because I was afraid that I was going to lose my best friend? The fact they are moving up to San Jose after the wedding and once again being close by wouldn't be a bad thing to mention as well, as I promise to cheer them on in their marriage. 

Those would all make great speeches (and I think i've written pieces in my head over the past 2 years that they've been together).... and to be honest I'm still not quite sure how its going to all flush out but there is one thing that has been really clear. God has perfect timing in bringing them together, taking them through everything and sustaining them beyond their wedding day. 

And I'm so happy that I get to be there for all of it. :) 






















No comments: